Last Revision Date: July 09, 2018
Version Number: 2.0
WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO ANYONE
‘Personal Data’, means identifiable information about a person and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, phone number, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number and other personally identifiable information.
The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” includes BimBakery® (a division of largearchitecture.cc), our associated entities, and all of our websites, products and services. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We adhere to the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (‘POPIA’) and the newly released GDPR.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you visit our websites or use our products or services, we may collect and process the following Personal Data from you:
- Information you provide to us directly: We collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide us with such in the course of using our websites or signing up to any of our products or services. For example, when you register to use our products or services, we may ask for your name, email address, contact number, company name, organization, country, profession and billing details. We also collect Personal Data when you make an inquiry through our websites, or contact us in any other way. A copy of your communication with us will be recorded in the authorized CRM &/or Customer Support software. If you don’t want to provide us with Personal Data, you don’t have to, but it might mean that you may not be eligible to access or use our website, products or services.
- Information we collect automatically: We may also collect certain technical information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our products or services. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our websites, products or services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites products and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. We may also collect user data analytics, which record how you use our products, such as tools and features count. This data helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites, products and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
- When you fill in any form on any BimBakery® website, product or service, we clearly state that by submitting the form, this is confirmation to store your information within our GDPR compliant Marketing Automation platform.
- You can request personal data and you can unsubscribe or request to be unsubscribed at anytime.
HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We want to communicate with you so you can stay up to date with our products and services.
When we receive permission to contact you (such as filling in a form or signing up to a product or service) we may occasionally email you or telephone you about such things as: updates to our products, legal documents, payment/account information, offer customer support or information about special events, webcasts, podcasts and special offers. Except for cases where we are required to do so by law (e.g. notifying you of a data breach), you shall have the opportunity to opt out/unsubscribe from receiving these messages free of charge.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations – particularly if you have an active account with us.
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by sites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on our site. Cookies are stored on your individual device and you have full control over their use. You may deactivate or restrict the transmission of cookies by changing the settings of your web browser. Cookies that are already stored may be deleted at any time. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website, products and services.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your Personal Data is of the upmost importance to us, and we take full measures, and undertake all reasonable procedures and protocols, to help protect information about you from unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, loss, theft and alteration or destruction. When Personal Data (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and virtual events as well as in-person events offered by BimBakery® and other partners, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize and improve our products and services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to third parties. However, we may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, business partners and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on our websites; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BimBakery® (large architecture.cc); and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of websites or services, or the public.
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your Personal Data is not transferred to the third party.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may cancel any product account with us and/or unsubscribe from receiving content or offers from us at any time. Following termination of your account, we may retain your personal data (in part or in whole) in order to meet any regulatory and reporting requirements for the timeframes stipulated by law and in order to be able to address customer service issues.
To update, correct or delete information about you in your account, you can log into your online PlusSpec account and manage your information. You can also cancel your subscription. However, your data will be retained for easy renewal and reporting requirements.
If you want to completely delete your data you can email us at [email protected]. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a reasonable period of time at our discretion.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your usage data until you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by law.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by BimBakery®, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from BimBakery® a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you if you have made contact with us directly and/or using a product or service.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
BimBakery® (Large Architecture.cc)
Lillian Ngoyi Road, Morningside, Durban, KZN, South Africa, 4001.